Get Ready to Vote!
Latest MDC Election News
Voter Checklist: Make Sure You’re Ready
- Get key information on everything related to voting from ATNJ and visit the NJ Voter Information Portal for all the latest information.
- Find out if you are automatically getting a ballot in the mail.
- Make sure you have a party affiliation to vote for those candidates. The deadline to change affiliation is 55 days before an election. Unaffiliated voters can declare and vote at the polls.
- Check Your Voter Registration Status or register online. The Voter Registration Deadline is 21 days before the election. You can register at 17, but cannot vote until you are 18.
- Learn about Voting by Mail.
- Make sure you have a My Voter Record Account, or sign up for one now.
- Learn about commonly asked questions in the Voter FAQ section.
Make a plan to Vote in the November 7 General Elections
There are three main ways to vote:
- Vote in person on election day. Find your location here. Polls are open 6 am to 8 pm.
- Vote “by mail” with a paper ballot. If you are signed up to receive your ballot in the mail, you cannot vote on a machine in person. The easiest way is to return your ballot in the dropbox by the Madison Safety Complex at 62 Kings Road or by mail.
- Mail: It must be postmarked on or before 8:00 p.m. November 7 and received by November 13.
- Secure Ballot Drop Box: Place it in the dropbox by 8:00 p.m. on November 7.
- Board of Elections Office: Deliver it in person to the county’s Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on November 7.
- Early Voting takes place for the 2023 General Election on Saturday October 28 through Sunday November 5.
- Hours: Friday & Saturday: 10am – 8pm and Sunday: 10am – 6pm
- Find out more here.
Learn more about your voting options on the Morris County website.
- 2023 NJ General Election timeline can be viewed here.
- Election Key Dates:
- Sept 23: Mailing of Mail-In Ballots Starts
- Oct 17: Voter Registration Deadline for Election
- Oct 31: Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail
- Oct 28 –Nov 5: Early Voting Period
- Nov 6 – by 3:00 p.m. Deadline for In-Person Mail-In Ballot Applications
- Nov 7: General Election Day
Action Together New Jersey Education VoteByMailNJ.org
The VoteByMailNJ.org website has all the latest information for voting in New Jersey. Go here first for information on these topics: