Get Ready to Vote!
Latest MDC Election News
Voter Checklist: Make Sure You’re Ready
- Get key information on everything related to voting from ATNJ and visit the NJ Voter Information Portal for all the latest information.
- Find out if you are automatically getting a ballot in the mail.
- Make sure you have a party affiliation to vote for those candidates. The deadline to change affiliation is 55 days before an election. Unaffiliated voters can declare and vote at the polls.
- Check Your Voter Registration Status or register online. The Voter Registration Deadline is 21 days before the election. You can register at 17, but cannot vote until you are 18.
- Learn about Voting by Mail.
- Make sure you have a My Voter Record Account, or sign up for one now.
- Learn about commonly asked questions in the Voter FAQ section.
Make a plan to Vote in the June 6 Primary and November 7 General Elections
There are three main ways to vote:
- Vote in person on election day. Find your location here. Polls are open 6 am to 8 pm.
- Vote “by mail” with a paper ballot. If you are signed up to receive your ballot in the mail, you cannot vote on a machine in person. Return your ballot in the dropbox by the Madison Safety Complex at 62 Kings Road or by mail.
- Early Voting takes place for the 2023 Primary Election on Friday June 2 through Sunday June 4.. Find out more here.
Learn more about your voting options on the Morris County website.
- 2023 NJ Primary and General Election can be viewed here.
- Primary Election Key Dates:
- April 12: Deadline for Change of Party Affiliation Declaration Forms for Primary Election
- April 22: Commencement of Mailing of Mail-In Ballots
- May 16: Voter Registration Deadline for Primary Election
- May 30: Deadline to apply for a Mail-In Ballot by Mail
- June 2 – June 4: Early Voting Period
- June 5 – by 3:00 p.m. Deadline for In-Person Mail-In Ballot Applications
- June 6: Primary Election Day
Action Together New Jersey Education VoteByMailNJ.org
The VoteByMailNJ.org website has all the latest information for voting in New Jersey. Go here first for information on these topics: