Are you new to Madison? Welcome! We have put together information and resources to help you get to know our wonderful town better.
For suggestions, to report a broken link or outdated information, please contact us.
- Rosenet has a great Welcome New Residents page with helpful information.
- Get important alerts and notifications by signing up for Alert Madison.
- Garbage and recycling: Download the Recycle Coach mobile app and learn about schedules and garbage, recycling and yard waste on the Recycling/Garbage/Yard Waste page.
- Sign up for Notify Me to get updated on Council, Boards, and Commissions meetings, agendas, and news.
- Report a concern with roads, electricity, garbage, and more through SeeClickFix.
- Parking information
- Recreation (youth sports and camps)
- Subscribe to our local newspaper, the Madison Eagle
- Find a local babysitter on the Babysitters Club
- Are you a commuter? Learn about NJ Transit and Boxcar
Connect on Social Media
- Madison Borough Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
- I Love Madison
- Madison Area Parents and Community
- Madison Area Family & Events
Madison Government and Community Organizations
The main website for everything going on in Madison is Rosenet.
- Madison Borough Council
- Madison Clerk
- Board of Education and Madison Public Schools
- Board of Health
- Police, Fire and Ambulance
- Chamber of Commerce
- Madison Historical Society
- Madison Public Library
- Madison Pool
- Farmers Market
- Community Garden
- Visit our Voter Info page for the latest election information.
- Check your voter registration status and register online if needed.
- Learn about vote by mail.
- Make sure you have a My Voter Record Account, or sign up for one now.
- In Madison, you can vote in person based on your district, vote by mail, or early vote.
- For help on the phone or in person, visit the Morris County Clerk‘s website or Morristown office.
Environment and Sustainability Information
- Backyard composting and Composter and Rain Barrels
- Green Madison newsletter
- Madison Encourages Solar energy
- Madison Environmental Commission
- Madison Plant Share and Gardening Group
- Madison Swap and Share Group
- Town-wide Yard Sale
Madison is built on volunteers, there are so many ways to get involved! Here are just a few:
- Madison Boards, Committees and Commissions: Did you know there are 18 Boards, Committees and Commissions? You can find one that matches your interest and submit the volunteer form to be considered by the Mayor for appointment. Submitting the form is not a commitment; it’s just a first step in showing interest. Forms must be submitted by the end of each year.
- Civic Engagement: There are many groups involved in our local community who give volunteers a way to make an impact and meet others. Some include Action Together New Jersey, League of Women Voters, Friends of Madison Shade Trees, Moms Demand Action NJ, NJ 11th for Change, Planned Parenthood, Wind of the Spirit Immigrant Resources, Friends of the Great Swamp.
- Community Organizations: Rotary Club, Elks, Thursday Morning Club, Madison Masonic Lodge, Kiwanis Club .
- Madison Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
- St. Hubert’s Animal Welfare Center
- Visit this page for more volunteer opportunities.
Things to Do
- A Day in Madison
- Bottle Hill Day (1st Saturday in October)
- Downtown Concert Series
- Drew University Forest Preserve
- Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Great Swamp Watershed Association
- Loantaka Brook Reservation
- Madison Arts & Culture Alliance
- Madison Community Arts Center
- Museum of Early Trades and Crafts
- Taste of Madison
- The Shakespeare Theater of New Jersey
- Visit the Chamber of Commerce to learn about holiday events
Get Help and Support
Local and State Government
- Madison Borough Council
- Morris County Commissioners
- Congresswoman Mikie Sherrill
- Senators Cory Booker and Robert Menendez
- NJ State Legislature
- Governor Phil Murphy