Other News and Events
- Mayor Conley led a discussion on local traffic issues with U.S. Rep. Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11), Sen. Richard J. Codey, Assemblywoman Mila Jasey, Assemblywoman Nancy Munzo and Assemblyman Anthony Bucco.
- June was declared Pride Month in Madison and rainbow pride flags decorate Waverly Place to recognize our LGBTQ neighbors who help make Madison a wonderful, vibrant and varied community.
- Moms Demand Action led Madison’s participation in a national Gun Violence Awareness Day and Major Conley read a proclamation encouraging people to wear orange to support their local communities’ efforts to prevent the tragic effects of gun violence.
- At a Drew University event organized for reflection on sexual violence, Mayor Conley proclaimed the day Sexual Assault Awareness Day.
- Madison Dems came out in force for the Morris County-wide All-Candidate Fundraising event at the Archer Hotel in Florham Park on June 23rd. The MC was our own Mayor Bob Conley and the featured guest speaker was U.S. Rep. Mikie Sherrill (NJ-11). The event was coordinated by MDC member Jill Rhodes.
- Members of the Borough Council attended the ribbon cutting to celebrate the opening of new trails at Madison’s Summerhill Park.
- Madison painted the town yellow to promote mental health awareness. The People’s Picnic celebrated the events and activities around town as part of May as Mental Health Awareness Month.
- The Kindness Rock garden opened to the public and serves as a great reminder of what makes Madison such a wonderful community.
- The MCDC (Morris County Democratic Committee) had their gala event on June 18 and many MDC members attended. View the MCDC post with pictures.
- Mayor Bob Conley attended a ribbon cutting for a delicious new addition, Main Freeze Ice Cream, to the Madison food scene.