Latest MDC and Community News
- Madison Dems Celebrate 2020 Candidates VirtuallyThe Madison Democratic Committee held an exciting virtual wine tasting fundraiser on Friday July 31st, hosted by Ann and Herm Huber of Maple Avenue. The event brought together dozens of supporters, who enjoyed expert guidance in selecting and evaluating wines, and successfully pairing them […]
- Surprise Special Guests Celebrate MDC 2020 Candidates at Virtual EventThe Madison Democratic Committee honored its 2020 candidates for Borough Council on Friday July 31st with a virtual wine tasting event. Dozens of supporters gathered via Zoom and heard about the important priorities and vision from current Councilman John Hoover and former Councilman Bob […]
MDC 2020 Democratic Candidates
Councilman John Hoover is running for re-election in 2020.
“In my capacities, as a Councilman and in many volunteer roles, I have developed a unique and deep perspective on what our Madison neighbors value and need. This perspective will continue to inform my work to make Madison a great place to live for all our residents.” View John’s complete statement.
Long-time volunteer and former Councilman Bob Landrigan runs in 2020
“I feel both fortunate and honored to live and serve in a town whose residents value and look out for one another; where fiscal prudence has put us in a position that others envy, and where volunteerism is one of its greatest assets. I am hopeful that the residents of Madison will once again put their faith in me and elect me to serve on Council.” View Bob’s complete statement.
Special COVID-19 Announcements
At the March 30 Madison Borough Council Meeting, Mayor Bob Conley introduced a package of measures, that he is calling Madison’s COVID-19 Crisis Response Toolkit. Taken together, these measures are designed to help Madison residents and businesses cope with the financial devastation wrought by the COVID-19 pandemic and reassure our community during these uncertain times. Read the full details.
From the MDC: The Madison Democratic Committee is made up of your neighbors from every section of our wonderful town. As we navigate the challenges related to COVID-19 and deal with its impacts, the MDC would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to all the volunteers and those on the frontline. Until the need to isolate ourselves is lifted, the MDC will hold virtual monthly meetings. Please visit our Calendar page for the latest details on how to attend those meetings. And we have suspended any in-person events, including fundraising. Please consider a small one-time or on-going donation to help support our upcoming campaigns. And we encourage everyone who can volunteer their time, talent or treasure to find organizations that are working to support our community at this time. Be safe, be well.
Good things are happening with the MDC. Here’s how you can get involved:
Join the Monthly MDC meetings and all our events. All are welcome to learn how to get involved and stay up to date. Our calendar has the latest details.
Attend monthly Borough Council meetings: Get in the know about the important work being done in Madison.
Read All News and Events
- Madison Dems Celebrate 2020 Candidates Virtually
- Surprise Special Guests Celebrate MDC 2020 Candidates at Virtual Event
- The MDC Invites You to Join Us for a Virtual Wine & Cheese Tasting Event
- Borough candidate Bob Landrigan: Unaffiliated Voters Should Get your VBM applications in the mail by June 27th
COVID-19 Resources and Information
Here are just some of the resources and information available:
- Borough COVID-19 Updates page
- Business Resource Page including Small Business Recovery Grant program
- Madison area volunteer and donation opportunities (Google Sheet) including a number of GoFundMe programs
- Rep. Mikie Sherrill Town Hall (next one on on Small Business and Unemployment Assistance)