There has been excellent coverage of the decision by Republicans at the local and county level (mirroring a national trend) to opt out of non-partisan forums and debates designed to give voters access to hear directly from candidates on the local issues that matter to them. Below is a compilation of articles, editorials, and letters to the editor on this topic.
- No forums here: Morris GOP move to skip candidates forums blasted by debate supporters (Madison Eagle).
- No good excuse to duck a debate (Madison Eagle)
- Republican Decision to Skip League Forum Disappointing (MDC)
- Madison Republicans to skip debate against Democrats (Madison Eagle)
- Madison Dems Accept LOWV Debate Invite and Urge Republicans to Do the Same (MDC)
- The Morris County Republican Party Declines Debates Hosted by the League of Women Voters (MCRC)
- League of Women Voters invites numerous candidates to debate (Madison Eagle)
- County Candidate Debate (MCDC)