Just the Facts: Election Timeline
What are the key dates to be aware of, up to and after the election?
- Now: Voting is happening. Do not wait until November 3rd to return your ballot!
- October 5th: If you have not received your ballot by this date, call the Clerk’s office to request a replacement. 973-285-6120.
- October 13: voter registration/address change deadline.
- October 13th: The Board of Elections begins to review signatures for matches/rejections. Get your ballot in now to get reviewed in the first wave.
- October 21st: If you haven’t already mailed in your ballot and plan to the use the USPS, mail your ballot soon in case of delays.
- October 24th: Ballots start to get counted (10 days prior to the election).
- November 3 (Election Day): In-person polls open 6 am – 8 pm; only provisional ballots or completed paper ballot accepted at Hartley-Dodge. Last day to drop your ballot into the secure drop box, get your ballot postmarked.
- November 5: ballots lacking postmarks (due to USPS error) must be received to be counted.
- November 10: ballots postmarked by November 3 must be received to be counted.
- November 23: deadline for election results to be certified.